At The House of Manors, your privacy is extremely important to us, and it is our responsibility to ensure your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website www.thehouseofmanors.co.uk and our mobile site.
1. Information We Collect
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s IP address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data.
We may ask for personal information including:
- your contact information, including title, name, billing address, telephone details and email address;
- shipping and recipient address, including title, name, shipping address, telephone details, delivery instructions and email address;
- details associated with the products you order;
- your payment card details when you make a purchase in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards;
- your communication and marketing preferences including delivery updates and notifications, and newsletter subscriptions; and
- personal data obtained if you contact us.
2. Collection and Use if Information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to improve your user experience through customisation;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to identify registered members;
- to monitor and analyse the performance, operation and effectiveness of our website;
- to process your order;
- to process payment including payment authorisation;
- to carry out identity verification and fraud prevention checks when purchasing with a payment card and validating personal data you provide via a third party payment processor;
- to provide order confirmation, delivery status notifications on any order placed with us;
- to contact you with any changes, cancellation or other issues with your order; and
to obtain customer feedback with respect to an order either from you or your recipient.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
4. Controlling Your Personal Information and Your Rights
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
5. Limits To Our Policy
Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of third-party sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
6. Changes To This Policy
The House of Manors
This policy is effective as of 20 January 2021.